Site restore failing

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04
Virtualmin version 7.1-1

I’m getting the following error’s appear when attempting to restore a backed up site:
Checking contents of the backup …
… found 1 virtual servers
Warning - the following features were enabled in one or more of the domains in the backup, but are not enabled : Webalizer reporting
Without them, some functions of the restored virtual servers may not work.

After clicking to proceed with the restore, this is the following output:
Checking contents of the backup …
… found 1 virtual servers
Starting restore of 1 domains from local file /tmp/.webmin/backup-domain.tgz …
Extracting backup archive file …
… done
Re-creating virtual server domain.com
… could not work out the default IP address
… failed! See the progress output above for the reason why.

What I may have done to cause this…
This is a new install of OS and Virtualmin on existing hardware, kind of. My host had migrated my VPS from one platform to another, while keeping the IP address and all intact. All was brought across as expected. I then made the decision to re-install the VPS with Ubuntu 20.04 (same version as before) and do a clean install of Virtualmin - kind of regretting that now, but here we are.

I’d followed a similar process previously when upgrading from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04, so a little surprised to be getting an error during restore now.

Anything obvious pop out that I’ve missed? I do have the .tgz backup files, and could likely do a manual restore, but I thought I’d check first to see if the auto restore feature might play nice for me.

This is a development server, so good to get back on line, but not getting angry calls from clients at the moment.

Answered my own question. Simply created the virtual server first, then ran the restore.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.