Setup postfix and dovecot for domain

I cannot get my mail working with virtualmin, dovecot and postfix

I have tried every setting. If I try to authenticate via my mailclient, I get an error instantly

If I try webmail (roundcube) I get: ‘SMTP authentication failed’.

I already checked: - If dovecot was running under port 143 - if the mailserver I use (mail.mydomain.com) points to the correct IP - if the user is listed in virtualmin under my domain - I did re-check configurattion and everything is OK - Sending mail from usermin is also not working, gives 'Failed to send mail : SMTP command . failed : 451 4.3.0 Error: queue file write error ' - Sending mail to the mailadres is not working too (no error in mailclient, just not sent or received) - I have set-up this DNS records: mail.mydomain.com. , pointing to MY vps-s IP (A record) and an Mx record vor mail.mydomain.com. - In webmin I checked if both dovecot and postfix are up&running - I tried numerous other settings but nothing seems to work

What now? Where do I start debugging?

PS: I don`t now if this matters, but the VPS mainserver (the domain I talk about here is a subserver), the mainserver is a subdomain like: srv5.myserversdomain.com. This hostname (srv5) points to the VPS. On the VPS I run virtualmin and withing virtualmin I have srv5.myserverdomain.com as mainserver and mydomain.com as subserver. The website is working fine for mydomain.com, just the mail not.

PS, I tailed the log too this gives 2 errors all the time: > queue file write error > hash: /etc/postfix/bcc is unavailable. open database /etc/postfix/bcc.db: no such file or dir > sender_bcc_maps_lookup porblem

Thanks a lot!

I now get a message back in the mailcient with ‘Relay access denied’.

However, thats just for receiving, I cant even sent mails.

Howdy,

Well, perhaps we should start with that “queue file write error” notice in your logs… what does this command output:

postconf -d | grep size_limit

The error you’re receiving could occur if the email being sent is larger than one of the limits in the output from that command.

-Eric

This is the ouput:

body_checks_size_limit = 51200 bounce_size_limit = 50000 header_size_limit = 102400 mailbox_size_limit = 51200000 message_size_limit = 10240000

The mails I sent are like 1kb…