Setting up DNS correctly

I use Go Daddy to do all my DNS registration, and I do not want to manage it in two places, after moving to a new server, I can not access my email on the new server, at first I though it would just take time to resolve, maybe that is still the case, but I have always been confused about DNS, if I do not need to have a DNS server for Virtualmin Pro in order for it to work right, should I just disable it, or do I need it, when I do check connectivity, I get: Nameserver mismatch None of the nameservers match this system…, all I want is to have Go Daddy point to Virtualmin server, and to be able for the websites to resolve and email to work, what is the best way to set it up?

Not sure if you want to do this or not, but i totally suck at DNS myself, so when i got my ded server i just set the nameservers to cloudflare and then used their free plan for the dns, its easy to set up and then you dont have to worry about it. I have found its easier to make a copy of your current records and then just do the same A records over on cloudflare and then youll need your mx record. Then youll have to whitelist all of cloudflares IPs on your server, and your ready to go. Binding your own dns on any system is a pain so i just do it the easy way.

Just an idea. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, but I am only interested in Virtualmin, and not Cloud at this point, but what you said does apply somewhat, but I guess I was just wondering how to correctly set up DNS, and all the docs and threads on this site did not help to answer that question for me.