Set individual MySQL database privileges for users .. ?

Hi guys …

I want to know, how can I set individual access privileges for a user, for accessing a MySQL database ? Because the way I see it now, I can’t do this. I create a MySQL database, and create an FTP user who can access to this MySQL database, and that’s it. I cannot individually configure access privileges for that user for accessing that specific database, like I can in cPanel … ?

For example, I only want to give a user privileges for create a table, or to insert a row, and nothing else (drop, update, select, etc) ?

How do I do this ?

You can do that in Webmin’s MySQL module, by scrolling down and clicking the User/Database/Host/etc Permission icons. Virtualmin itself indeed has no function for that.

I can’t locate that module in my webmin. The only SQL related thing I see in webmin is Servers >> MySQL Database Server.

Can you elaborate a little more on where those icons are in Webmin ?

Exactly there, in Servers -> MySQL. When you go to that module and scroll down below the list of databases, you see the icons for User Permissions etc.

I don’t see any icon for setting user permissions there. All I see is a list of databases defined in all virtual servers.

I’ve attached a picture of what I see when I browse to Servers >> MySQL Database Server in Webmin when logged in a root.

Damnit, the webserver gave me a 500 internal error when trying to store my reply with attachments, now the text is gone. :expressionless: (Already posted a bug report, for now I can’t seem to store attachments.)

Short version: Your screenshot looks nothing like it should look, half of the stuff and buttons etc. is missing. You might want to check if you’re using the latest versions of Webmin, Virtualmin and the Virtualmin theme (and make sure that theme is in use at all).

Did you initially use the Virtualmin installer script to install it?

This is what I used to install virtualmin:

wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh -O /root/virtualmin-install.sh
sh /root/virtualmin-install.sh

I found it in a tutorial. Is it correct ?

What else can i do to further debug this ?

That looks correct. Well, what I said before: You might want to check if you’re using the latest versions of Webmin, Virtualmin and the Virtualmin theme (and make sure that theme is in use at all).

Thanks for your help.

If you don’t mind, can you tell me how to check those things ? … Sorry, I’m really new :confused: