Services Are Down (BIND DNS, Postfix Mail, MySQL). Need Urgent Help please...

ohh yup yup… i know about that, used that to transfer the files over to the new VPS. it made my life sooo much easier :slight_smile:

my question was more aimed at a remote backup place i can use. Like some hosting company or something that i can use virtualmin to save backups into. Saving locally on the server is bad if the server dies, and saving locally on my machine is annoying because reusing the backup will be annoying with my upload speed (internet sucks over here)…

Just wondering if theres any recommendations on such places thats all. :slight_smile:

Usually, worthwhile hosting companies offer FTP backup space for their customers. :slight_smile:

I personally would not use a hoster which does not offer that. Hence I haven’t really checked yet on the net for alternative backup space, can’t say much.

I do three levels of backup on my virtual machine host. 1) VMs store images of system and user data on another dedicated backup storage VM (on the same host). 2) From there, backups are auto-copied to the hoster’s backup store. 3) From time to time, I initiate an offsite backup (= copying the images) to a machine at University where I work :).

I’ve used rsync.net for that for a good while, and it’s worked well.