Server wont receve emails Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; bad address syntax

Your procmailrc looks good.

You may want to check in the home directory for the user “james.halocommunity”, and make sure there’s no .procmailrc file that’s specifying a path of /var/mail for the email destination.

Also, just to rule this out, what output does this command produce:

grep var /etc/webmin/virtual-server/procmail/*

didn’t output anything. and I’ll check for the files now.

No files found. just have the main ones like cur, tmp, new and some dovecot files.

So while just looking around I managed to intercept the email while it was going though my server Main Queue. so it’s defiantly making it to my server it’s just not being sent to the webmail

See attached image

Yeah… those procmail logs you showed earlier definitely show the emails reaching your server, and even your local accounts… it’s just that they’re being delivered to the wrong location.

I looked at your /etc/procmailrc text again, I think there may be a copy and paste problem in there :slight_smile:

The text that should be in there is as follows:

ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/ DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

However, what’s in your file is this:

ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/ ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/

That is, both lines are the same… one of those should be “DEFAULT”, rather than “ORGMAIL”.

Try tweaking that, and see if that helps.

-Eric

That’s got it. Thanks so much!

Super, I’m glad it’s working!

Hey,

This has all stopped working again. It’s rather frustrating. I have gone through and everything seems to be good. care to help more?

After double checking.

the /etc/procmailrc file seems to keep reverting it’s self. does virtualmin keep doing that?

Nevermind this post. I made a typo in the name.

After doing some more tests. Sending of mails works fine. automated mailbox replies and forwarding also works. emails are just not being shown in webmail.

I’m going to go ahead and just reinstall Virtualmin as I wasn’t the one to install it. This way I can rule out user error on setup.