Server template Apache Website does not show in the newly created Virtual Server

I am sort of lost.

I changed “Directives and Settings for new websites” in “Edit Server Template - Apache Website”.
But when a new website is created it does not show right.

For example this line:

AllowOverride All Options=ExecCGI,Includes,IncludesNOEXEC,Indexes,MultiViews,SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

I changed to:

AllowOverride All Options=ExecCGI,Includes,IncludesNOEXEC,Indexes,MultiViews,FollowSymlinks

What I get on a new site creation is this:

AllowOverride All Options=ExecCGI,Includes,IncludesNOEXEC,Indexes,MultiViews,FollowSymlinks Options=ExecCGI,Includes,IncludesNOEXEC,Indexes,MultiViews,SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

Am I missing something? Do I need to change some settings somewhere else too?

Who can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

It’s not recommended to use “FollowSymLinks”, since it can present a potentially big security hole, allowing PHP code of one user access to files from other users.

Virtualmin should normally prevent you from using FollowSymLinks and use the secure version “SymLinksIfOwnerMatch” instead. The duplicated line you’re seeing might be a bug of that security feature. It should not occur though if you leave that directive as it is.

Even though it is not recommended, it should be possible…
point is that if I don’t change to FollowSymlinks, I have to change it either in the virtual server website settings or I have to set it in the .htaccess each time I create a virtual server site…

Odd thing also that this happens on a CentOS machine while I also have a UBUNTU one running with virtualmin, in there the template has my desired setting defaulted from the install…

It is an odd ‘bug’ then…