Server Moved, IP's Change - Havoc!

My host moved my hardware at the weekend, which resulted in a change of IP addresses.

I did change the networking settings, had a few problems which are now resolved.

I was working from home and now trying to access from my office, but getting ‘secure connection failed’ error.

My office IP should be able to access the server (I am sure that there are no restrictions).

Also, the domains do not appear to be working on the new IP’s - propagation has been the weekend!

So, I cannot get onto VM or WM and my sites are down… AARRRGGGHHH

Digging around, whilst ssh restarting apach, I get:
[Mon Dec 08 12:19:14 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost x.x.x.x.:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Mon Dec 08 12:19:14 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost x.x.x.x.:443 has no VirtualHosts

Which is the new IP of the server.

This error also appears for the old IP’s, which I though I scrubbed!

I have (temporarily)switched off SSL for webmin and got in!

Still no access for domains, though!

Howdy,

In addition to changing the IP address in your network interface, you’d also need to update your various config files with the new IP address.

To do that, go into Addresses and Networking -> Change IP Addresses. There, you can update all the IP’s at once, which should get your websites running again.

-Eric

Eric,

thanks for that.

The core issue was the DNS glue records at the domain provider - I had to change the dns servers to the new IP’s.

Paul