Run bash script on multiple guest systems

Hi,

I need to change some custom settings on multiple Cloudmin KVM guest systems. I can do this by logging to each of guest system one by one. However, since it would take long time, I was hoping there is some kind of smarter ways of doing this. Could anyone elaborate on possible solutions, please?

In fact, I have small bash script that needs to be run on all my guest systems, however I can’t think of method to remotely run them all from Cloudmin server. So far, I’ve tried the following things:

• On Cloudmin interface, I’ve selected a guest system, expanded System Operations, clicked on “Run Commands” and tried to launch my script. Unfortunately, it didn’t work.

• Similarly I tried also Root Shell, however it also didn’t recognize my script.

I guess that’s because both Run Commands and Root Shell use not Bash, but some other shell type. Trying to change to Bash by firing up “chsh -s /bin/bash” didn’t give me positive result.

CfEngine or Puppet would be probably something you want to explore but I see your point. If Cloudmin has logins to all of them I think if I remember correctly you can run a script or command in all of them at the same time or even schedule them. Not sure if that is right but it should not be hard to do if the system already can log into the managed systems. What exactly is your script doing?

CfEngine or Puppet would be probably something you want to explore but I see your point. If Cloudmin has logins to all of them I think if I remember correctly you can run a script or command in all of them at the same time or even schedule them. Not sure if that is right but it should not be hard to do if the system already can log into the managed systems. What exactly is your script doing?