Roundcube as default email?

I’d like to use Roundcube as the default email client for domains; ideally at email.domain.com and auto-installed with a template.

I’d be happy to manually install roundcube from the installer scripts, but I’d really like to use the email.domain.com hostname to get to the /roundcube directory (or to have it in one, central, Virtualmin-wide location accessed through that host name).

Any pointers? I’ve looked at the “Apache website” section of the Server Template, but I can’t figure it out. I thought that maybe I could get webmail.domain to redirect to ${DOM}/roundcube, but that gave me an error when I tried setting it. And I’d really like email.domain because I have to migrate a bunch of users that are used to that alias.

Or, to ask another way, is there a template somewhere that’s used to output the /etc/apache2/sites-*/domain.com.conf files, which have the RewriteCond rules? If I could add a couple of lines to that template, then I could have a default email.domain.com that redirected to the /roundcube directory.

Howdy,

There is indeed an Apache template that you can edit – you can see that in System Settings -> Server Templates -> Default -> Apache Website.

In there, you can tweak the “Directives and settings for new websites” option.

-Eric

Doh! I saw that, but I couldn’t quite get my head around whether this was the right place.

Looks like I can append similar rewrite instructions to the bottom there and they should be interpreted correctly? I’ll give it a try. Thanks!