restore operation failing, virtualmin-dav: Permission denied, please help

Hello all,

Last night I had a HD crash, and I lost all the data for about 50 domains.

I’d setup a daily full backup, to another CentOS 5.4 Virtualmin box. So on the other Virtualmin box I have all the gz files for each domain.

When I try to restore those files, some domains work, but most of them I get two errors:

Creating MySQL database joomla_97fmfrutalmaster …
… MySQL database failed! : SQL desc db failed : Can’t create/write to file ‘/tmp/#sql_32e8_0.MYI’ (Errcode: 13) at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1332.

Restoring DAV users file …
… copy failed : cp: cannot stat `/tmp/.webmin/658356_2_restore.cgi/acerte.org.br_virtualmin-dav’: Permission denied

Re-starting DNS server …
… done
Applying web server configuration …
… done

… failed! See the progress output above for the reason why.

What can I do?
Please help! I’m desperate.
Thanks

Howdy,

There’s some thoughts on the particular error you’re getting here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/cannot-create.html

Does any of the information on there help with the problem you’re seeing?

-Eric

Thank’s Eric,

I don’t know how that happened, but the problem was that after I restored the first domain, my /tmp folter became his.

drwx------ 13 user user 4096 May 22 21:57 tmp

So I chowned it to

drwxrwxrwx 13 root root 4096 May 22 21:57 tmp

After that I could restore 80 virtual servers, only 2 with the following problem:

Restoring Mailman mailing lists …
… no lists found in backup

Re-creating mail and FTP users …
Restore failed : SQL insert into user (host, user, password) values (’%’, ‘hotelrecantodosi’, ‘11bfe8e320b20aba’) failed : Duplicate entry ‘%-hotelrecantodosi’ for key 1

Any idea what that may be?

Thank you
Rogerio

Ahh, nice catch with the /tmp permissions.

Well, the first message you shared suggests that it’s not seeing any Mailman lists… did you have any setup?

The second message looks like it’s having trouble re-importing a database entry… but it appears to be saying it already exists. Do things by chance work for you?

-Eric

Yes, there wasn’t any Mailman lists.

But to be able to restore those two virtual servers, I had to do it in two steps:

• First a normal full restore, it fails with the above SQL error, and mail users are not restored (but MySQL database IS restored correctly)
  • Then a restore using “Only create servers with selected features”, I selected everything but “Contents of server’s MySQL databases”.

It was restored successfully then.

Thank you

Rogerio