Resend signup email option is missing from one domain

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version RHEL 9
Webmin version 7.5
Virtualmin version 1.861

For only one domain - so far, the option to Resend signup email to users is missing for all users.

It will probably be obvious why when someone points it out, but I have been scrolling through all the screens I can find to no avail.

The button is there on the other domains that I have checked - this is all on the one server.

Can anybody help?

It turns out that if you don’t have Mail for domain enabled when you create users, they don’t have the Resend signup email option and I haven’t found a way to later enable it.

The only option is to delete and then recreate all users but with mail enabled at the time, which I see as a bit problematic as with mail enabled, other domains will try to send their emails to the new domain/accounts even though they might not be ready to be used.

Feature or bug?

It turns out that if you don’t have Mail for domain enabled when you create users, they don’t have the Resend signup email option and I haven’t found a way to later enable it.

Well that makes sense, if the domain isn’t setup for email then it won’t have any postfix configuration and an attempt to ‘send’ would be rejected since postfix doesn’t know its supposed to handle it. You could always manually add it as a relay domain in postfix.

The only option is to delete and then recreate all users but with mail enabled at the time, which I see as a bit problematic as with mail enabled, other domains will try to send their emails to the new domain/accounts even though they might not be ready to be used.

When the user is created, its provided with various features depending on what’s available. Email, Home, FTP etc. If you later add something then existing users won’t have it.

Once you’ve enabled ‘mail for this domain enabled’ then you simply need to edit each user, go into the ‘email settings’ and enable ‘Primary email address enabled’ it.
OR
tick each user you want to have email from the ‘edit users’, then click ‘Modify Selected Users’ and then set ‘Primary Email Address’ to Enable.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much, that is an excellent and concise explanation. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.