reseller creating new virtual-servers

Hello,

I have my creative department generating sites via a reseller account. I have had virtualmin generate a linux user for their account. I would like do do a couple of things in the underlying os when building a new virtual server:

1. can I push the apache user’s access into the other category rather than “group” category?

This might be as simple as “don’t add the apache group to the new virtual server group”. So this might be a different question… I am not sure what else might be affected though…

2. set permissions on new directory to be 2774 rather than 0750

Sgid and group write permissions so that my reseller login can generate files and directories in the new virtual server’s group, and can edit them. the last other r-x permissions so apache can read files should option 0 be possible…

3. execute a script so that I may copy ssh keys into the new virtual-server user’s home directory.

–jason

Howdy,

It’s possible to set whether or not the Apache group is added to the owner of the Virtual Server. To do that, look in System Settings -> Server Templates -> Default -> Apache Website, and there, you can set “Add Apache user to Unix group for new servers?” to your preferred value.

I believe you can change the default homedir permissions by editing the /etc/login.defs file, and editing the “UMASK” setting there. By default, it’s “022”, which makes the directory “755”. But you can make that your preferred value.

Lastly, to execute a script when a Virtual Server is created, you can use System Settings -> Virtualmin Config -> Actions upon user and server creation, and in there is a setting named “Command to run after making changes to a server”, which can be used to run a script.

-Eric