Renewal

Hello yesterday i renew my license but i have always this message "A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license :
The licence for this server expired on 2008-06-24 "
Thanks for help english is not my language sorry.

Yeah, renewals are currently a manual process.

So, Joe and Jamie were notified about it, and will have your renewal applied within 24 hours.

Regarding the expired message you’re seeing – only the root user can see that, and your functionality isn’t going to go away.

So you did everything right, and are in good shape – and they’ll take care of you shortly. Thanks!
-Eric

Looks like Jamie beat me to it. Your license has been renewed, and I just applied the upgrade, as well. Next time your license is checked, all changes should show up.

Holler if you have any further issues.

Howdy,

Renewing a license is a manual process for the Virtualmin guys, if I remember right – but it’s also something that should be ready within 24 hours.

If it’s been more than 24 hours, I would recommend opening a support request, using the Bugs and Issues link below.

Thanks!
-Eric

Your license has been renewed. If you click “Re-check Virtualmin license” in the Virtualmin Licenses section of System Information, you should see the new date (2009-6-24, so you’re actually due to another renewal soon!) reflected.

Hello i renew my licence today for one year but he is ok just now to 26 june 2009 why?
PS i dont use my license but i havent a server
Sorry for my english im french
Ps2 why im not able to see all post off this thread?
thanks

Hello i renew my licence today for one year but he is ok just now to 26 june 2009 why? PS i dont use my license but i havent a server

Renewals are for one year from the previous expiry date; i.e. they add a year to your license. Your license expired June 26th 2008, and so the renewed license plus one year expires June 26th, 2009.

I’ll ping you via email (license issues can be taken up with us personally or in the support ticket tracker; forums aren’t the best place to discuss licensing issues). If you haven’t used the license during that period, we can work something out.

Ps2 why im not able to see all post off this thread?

Because this forum software is horrible, and you used the exact same subject as another post.

Believe me, I hate it more than anyone else ever could. We are moving to a new CMS with different forums as soon as possible. I am hoping to finish up the migration in the next few hours.

Hi Joe,

I purchased a renewal license and also need to have you manually update my record and let me know when complete so I can trigger the "recheck license" … please & thank you.

Ryan

PS my order number is 1698.

All of today’s renewals and upgrades were processed a few minutes ago. You can re-check at any time. (The good news is that when you renew next year, it’ll happen instantly. I’ve fixed this problem in the mythical new website.)

Hi Guys,

I’ve made an upgrade of some packages last night, and today i’ve renewed our license. However, I cannot get into the web interface any more. I’ restarted the webmin service, still the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Filipe

What error do you get when trying to connect to Virtualmin?

And does anything show up in /var/webmin.miniserv.error?
-Eric

Hi Eric
After the following command, i get No such File or Directory statement.

#> tail -f /var/webmin.miniserv.error
tail: cannot open `/var/webmin.miniserv.error’ for reading: No such file or directory
tail: no files remaining

The doimain:2000 port works ok for USERMIN, nut the domain:10000 it does not.

Regards,
Filipe

/var/webmin/miniserv.log

Hi,

So here it goes:

81.84.169.218 - root [21/Jun/2009:23:28:55 +0100] “GET /unauthenticated/virtual-server-style.css HTTP/1.1” 200 3775
81.84.169.218 - root [21/Jun/2009:23:28:55 +0100] “GET /unauthenticated/sorttable.js HTTP/1.1” 200 8554
81.84.169.218 - root [21/Jun/2009:23:29:21 +0100] “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1” 200 1150
81.84.169.218 - root [21/Jun/2009:23:30:06 +0100] “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1” 200 1150
81.84.169.218 - root [21/Jun/2009:23:36:33 +0100] “GET /security-updates/update.cgi?u=httpd%2Fyum&u=perl-DBD-Pg%2Fyum&u=python%2Fyum&u=usermin%2Fyum&u=ust-virtual-server-theme%2Fyum&u=wbm-security-updates%2Fyum&u=wbm-virtual-server%2Fyum&u=wbm-virtualmin-awstats%2Fyum&u=wbm-virtualmin-google-analytics%2Fyum&u=wbm-virtualmin-svn%2Fyum&u=wbt-virtual-server-theme%2Fyum&u=webmin%2Fyum HTTP/1.1” 200 33538

But what error do you get? (That’s the more important piece of information.)or do you get?

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay.

Using https://www.lusolabs.com:10000 for virtualmin acess or webmin, it just does not work. No error message and a continuing effort of the browser to load the page. Even after 5 minutes, the browser has not loaded the login page, and neither is a timeout present. Something must have hanged the process. On the other hand, using usermin access https://www.lusolabs.com:20000/ works fine.

I’ve already made :
#> service webmin restart

No success

Filipe

Hi Joe,

I’ve found the cause:

tail -f miniserv.error

Failed to bind to port 10000 : Address already in use
Could not listen on any ports at /usr/libexec/webmin/miniserv.pl line 453.

Still dont now why, but something is using port 10000.

I’ll keep you posted

Filipe

may be do a killall on webmin, then start webmin again?
nvm, seems to be running again

Hi Joe,

I’ve solved the issue with a server reboot. Now we can fully access Virtualmin Panel.

However, we still have the info:
"A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license :
The licence for this server expired on 2009-06-13 "

I did renew it today though.

Filipe

Hi,

The license warning still appears after a day of renewing it.

Please advise.

Regards