Remove POP3 protocol from Dovecot in Webmin

Hello,

I am tryng to remove pop3 protocol from Dovecot, since I don’t use it.

I have gone to Webmin>Servers>Dovecot Imap/POP3 Server and then to Networking and Protocols, but when I click on IMap to just selct that protocol, save configuration and restart Dovecot, it always appear again as selected the POP3 protocol.

I have been trying to find information of this on the forums but without much luck. So I was wondering what I am doing wrong and if this is possible to achieve from Webmin.

Arrived to Virtualmin world from Plesk a couple of years ago, and been delighted every day since then!!

Many thanks in advance for your kind reply and kind regards from Spain,

Alberto

Howdy,

Hmm, it’s possible you’re seeing a bug, and we can help you remove it using the command line if you wish.

However, I’ll do some testing to see if I can reproduce the problem you’re seeing.

What Linux distro and version are you using?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Many thanks for your reply!

I am using Debian 7, and Webmin 1.710 and Virtualmin 4.12 gpl GPL .

If you need any other detail please let me know.

Thank you for your help and kind regards from Spain,

Alberto

This is a bug but you can easily comment out “protocols = pop3” in “/usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/pop3d.protocol”, than reboot dovecot. Afterwards it should look like

# telnet localhost 110 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused # telnet localhost 143 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 [...] Dovecot ready.

Thank you , is working