Remove Bind

Hey,

I’m having an Issue removing bind, I’ve tried going to Features and Options, But it’s No longer listed there…

I’ve decided I might be starting this WHOLE thing over with a Fresh install, But decided to Undo alot of the stuff I did that I “Thought” was a good idea, and go to just the basics to see if it helps, If not gonna delete the V-Drive and Start over…

I’ve run into ALL kinds of Issues, My Backup wouldn’t restore, even with the command line, But I could Extract it with tar, My Database for the Forum Vanished from Virtualmin (Was still in Mysql) but I found the Import (Thankfully), AND Lastly, I tired creating another Virtual Server as A test server to work on, and it created a FILE with the V-Name, NOT the directories, And I’m POSITIVE I didn’t change any storage locations, as in my experience a file instead of directories generally means a trailing slash was forgotten…

Dunno If I got a bum install or what, Everything went find with the clean install and script… so not sure what’s happening but seems to be steadly degrading everything I try to do…

Can’t get E-mails to work to save my life…

Just figuring with everything I’ve read and done so far, Virtualmin Should be having most of the stuff setup by default, so probably redo it, and not touch much :sunglasses:

Thanks

Mike

Howdy,

Yeah it definitely sounds like you’re seeing some unusual issues there, I don’t believe I’ve run into that before.

Regarding the BIND issue though –

I wouldn’t recommend removing the files installed as part of Virtualmin, though you can absolutely disable them.

Removing them from the feature list in Virtualmin is the first step, though you’d also want to go into Webmin -> System -> Bootup and Shutdown, and there you can configure the service not to start.

-Eric

Ya Actually I did that, I didn’t want to Actually remove it, I Went to Boot up and tried there, and it says it’s being used by my site and doesn’t let you deactivate it, Which I read when searching around, So I went over to Edit Virtual Server and Checked Enabled Options and BIND is not listed AT ALL, GONE, POOF!! Lol, SO Dunno if it was the right way, but I just shut it off with the big red “X”…

Unless you can figure another way, as I’m not really sure it realeased the site from it…

On the Plus side I did get PHP mails working on the Site again…

I have an OFF topic question, since I have your attention for a second, My CENTOS FQDN is “server.android-x86.net” should I be using that ANYWHERE in Virtualmin??? I’m pretty sure 3/4 of my problems is I’m confusing what should be where…

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

UPDATE:

Ok It worked this time, I tried 3x Yesterday and it did the same thing, I haven’t done a server shutdown or anything, I have noticed that VirtualMin Does do “Self Correcting” in a few different things…

Creating administration group mikevb .. .. done Creating administration user mikevb .. .. done Creating aliases for administration user .. .. done Adding administration user to groups .. .. done Creating home directory .. .. done Creating mailbox for administration user .. .. done Adding new DNS zone .. .. done Adding to email domains list .. .. done Adding default mail aliases .. .. done Adding DKIM records to DNS domain vb.android-x86.net .. .. added successfully Adding new virtual website .. .. done Adding webserver user apache to server's group .. .. done Performing other Apache configuration .. .. done Setting up scheduled Webalizer reporting .. .. done Creating SSL certificate and private key .. .. done Adding new SSL virtual website .. .. done Setting up log file rotation .. .. done Creating MySQL login .. .. done Creating MySQL database mikevb .. .. done Setting up spam filtering .. .. done Setting up virus filtering .. .. done Adding DAV directives to website configuration .. .. done Adding DAV account for server administrator .. .. done Setting up AWstats reporting .. .. done Setting up password protection for AWstats .. .. done Creating Webmin user .. .. done Re-starting DNS server .. .. not running! Applying web server configuration .. .. done Re-loading Webmin .. .. done Saving server details .. .. done Applying web server configuration .. .. done Re-starting DNS server .. .. not running!

Ok, I cheated, But got it done, Hoping this fixes a-lot of my configuration errors too, I went in tarballed the website and database (just in-case disassociate flopped), Deleted all Virtual Servers, Turn bind off, and recreated, back up in 30 minutes…

Mike