Remote mail server..

Is there a setting for a remote mail server like there is in cPanel when you setup a custom MX record?

What I mean is…

I am about to setup a new server called server1.mydomain.tld… It will host the website for mydomain.tld as well as otherdomains.tld… The email for mydomain.tld is handled by Google apps…

On cPanel I simply change the MX record for mydomain.tld to point to the Google servers and it automatically configures the domain as “remote” on the mail server and relays any mail for *@mydomain.tld generated by web contact forms or sent by users of other domains that are homed on the same server to the Google servers…

If there is not a setting to do this can someone give me a step by step guide to get this to work because I will be doing it this week…

Howdy,

You can certainly do that… you’d need to change the MX record (in Server Configuration -> DNS Records), as well as go into Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features, and disable the “Mail for Domain” feature.

-Eric

Awesome…

As I say, I’ll be setting up my first real Virtualmin server this week (after a few test servers) and will certainly need this setup… :slight_smile: