Redhat 6

I have noticed in the http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/rhel/ repo that there are directories for RHEL 6. I was wondering when you will be adding a 6server entry so that we can take advantage of this. By default RHEL 6 looks for a 6server directory not 6.0. Thanks!

Howdy!

Thanks for pointing that out.

Although 6 isn’t formally supported yet, Joe is working on that – and as support for that is rolled out, we’ll be sure to include a “6server” entry.

Have a good one!

-Eric

I have been playing with the virtualmin-release and there are a couple of things. One, dovecot is version 2.0.9 in RHEL 6, so configurations are different. To allow postfix and dovecot to play nice, you need to create a file in the /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ directory that has the auth variables that are usually placed in the /etc/dovecot.conf file. I have attached my dovecot.conf for reference. Also, postfix needs an entry in the main.cf to use dovecot. I did not see this getting added either:

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth

One more thing, quota has changed also. It resembles the settings that are used in fedora. What needs to be changed in the fstab is this:

defaults,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0

After these changes, virtualmin works great.

Thanks for the info, I passed that along to the fellows doing the work on the installer.

One question they had regarding quotas – which filesystem are you using there?

Thanks!

-Eric

The default file system that RHEL 6 uses, ext4.

Thanks

Brent

Missed one thing in my dovecot file:

auth_mechanisms = plain login

This will be needed if you are not authenticating against SASL.