Re: Per Site Configuration

Hello Guys and Gals,

I don't know if I have asked this question before but I need to ask it now, Is there a way to configure the server on a per site basis, in other words I need to configure some sites with register globals on and some with register globals off. Is there a way to do this?

If so how and where would I configure it?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Post edited by: HostHoboGuy, at: 2008/10/08 13:25<br><br>Post edited by: HostHoboGuy, at: 2008/10/08 13:40

run your server in mod_fcgid instead of mod_php
then every domain has its own php.ini file in which you can change the register globals and such

also it is more secure as the owner can only execute scripts in his own environment

Thanks Ronald,

I figured there was a way to do that. How would or better yet where would I go to do that in Virtualmin/Webmin?

Thanks for your time,
Michael

HostHoboGuy wrote:

Hello Guys and Gals,
   I don't know if I have asked this question before but I need to ask it now, Is there a way to configure the server on a per site basis, in other words I need to configure some sites with register globals on and some with register globals off. Is there a way to do this?

If so how and where would I configure it?

Thanks,

Post edited by: HostHoboGuy, at: 2008/10/06 05:15

Post edited by: HostHoboGuy, at: 2008/10/06 05:16<br><br>Post edited by: HostHoboGuy, at: 2008/10/06 05:19

Thanks Ronald that is a huge help will do the next time I create one right now I will go fix all of them to be per site, thanks again.

These options aren’t available on Virtualmin GPL.

I discussed this exact question yesterday here in the forums, though, and provided simple steps to replicate the functionality in GPL. It requires a few manual steps, but nothing scary.

http://www.virtualmin.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=77&func=view&catid=7&id=16875#16875

I’ve made it a sticky thread, since this question comes up every few days lately.

Joe wrote:

These options aren't available on Virtualmin GPL.

I discussed this exact question yesterday here in the forums, though, and provided simple steps to replicate the functionality in GPL. It requires a few manual steps, but nothing scary.

http://www.virtualmin.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=77&func=view&catid=7&id=16875#16875

I’ve made it a sticky thread, since this question comes up every few days lately.

Thanks Joe will do.

for every new domain you would set that in the server template you are using under the ‘Apache Website’
Also there you can set the “PHP configuration variables for scripts”
something like: open_basedir {HOME}:${HOME}/tmp:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear (use your paths of course) and other things you want to set automatically in the domains php.ini upon creation

for existing domains, select a domain, go to ‘server configuration’ go to ‘website options’ and in the right pane select “Run CGI scripts as domain owner?” = Yes
“PHP script execution mode” = FCGId (run as virtual server owner)
“PHP FCGId sub-processes” = 2 (i’ve set it to 2)

This is what I am seeing under Virtualmin and the Domain I need to change:

virtualmin Virtualmin webmin Webmin
Login: root (Master admin)
Create Virtual Server
Edit Virtual Server
Edit Mail and FTP Users
Edit Mail Aliases
Edit Databases

for every new domain you would set that in the server template you are using under the ‘Apache Website’
something like: open_basedir {HOME}:${HOME}/tmp:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear (use your paths of course) and other things you want to set automatically in the domains php.ini upon creation

for existing domains, select a domain, go to ‘server configuration’ go to ‘website options’ and in the right pane select “Run CGI scripts as domain owner?” = Yes

This is what I am seeing under Virtualmin and the Domain I need to change:

virtualmin Virtualmin webmin Webmin
Login: root (Master admin)
Create Virtual Server
Edit Virtual Server
Edit Mail and FTP Users
Edit Mail Aliases
Edit Databases