quotas and reiserfs

I believe reiserfs is supporting quotas by this time.
I think the quota is configured OK in my system, yet webmin can’t detect my file system as valid for quotas.

Is there any way I can trick it to believe so?

Greetings

OK, changing webmin Disk & Network Filesystems config to check on /etc/mtab (instead of /etc/fstab) did the trick

hope it helps someone

Hey Silvio,

Thanks for the tip. Althought, I’m a bit leery of recommending this method, since it will make the Disk and Network Filesystems module unable to edit things (mtab is an auto-generated list of mounted filesystems, while fstab is the human managed list of filesystem definitions–same format, but one gets overwritten whenever a new filesystem is mounted/umounted or the system reboots).

What’s in your /etc/fstab? I suspect we’re just having trouble parsing it correctly for some reason, and the mtab doesn’t have whatever extra stuff is confusing the parser.

Looks like this is still an issue. Switching to /etc/mtab appears to have fixed it for me as well. On checking the contents of the files, fstab doesn’t actually include the usrquota & grpquota options. However, this is on a Virtuozzo hosted machine, so fstab is actually a link to /proc/mounts (I was instructed to set this to enable quotas), and I can’t / don’t need to deal with creating or editing mounts, so is there any problem with using mtab?

root@vps02:/etc# ll mtab fstab
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Nov 20 08:02 fstab -> /proc/mounts
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 252 Nov 18 14:07 mtab

root@vps02:/etc# cat mtab
/dev/vzfs / reiserfs rw,usrquota,grpquota 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,nodiratime 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /var/lock tmpfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /var/run tmpfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /var/lock tmpfs rw 0 0