[Q] Upgrade from Webmin 1.450 to 1.460 breaks....

G’Day,

After the upgrade the cron jobs that run: /etc/webmin/virtual-server/collectinfo.pl are now generating:

Undefined subroutine &webmin::list_keys called at /usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/webmin-lib.pl line 591, <123728052617294> line 10.

I have not done anything between the upgrade and these appearing. Is there any other debug info I can provide that would be useful in isolating this?

TIA

I’d suggesting filing a bug using the Bugs and Issues link below – Jamie can make sure that gets corrected in the next version, and possibly even offer a way to fix this current one.
-Eric

This (and a couple of other issues) is why Webmin 1.460 is not in the Virtualmin.com repositories. Y’all just don’t trust my judgment on these things enough. :wink:

Also, 1.470 is being rolled up as we speak, and it will be in our repos, and is expected to correct all known issues with 1.460. 1.460 introduced a huge change in the way Webmin loads and uses modules. While this dramatically reduced Webmin memory usage (particularly with Virtualmin) it was also expected to have a few problems, because the changes were so large, and the release notes said so in no uncertain terms.

You were warned, is what I’m saying here. :wink:

Here’s another upgrade error from 1.450 to 1.460 :slight_smile:


HTTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/0.01 Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:36:18 GMT Content-type: text/html Connection: close
Error - Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &WebminCore::ui_form_start called at /usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/webmin-lib.pl line 1181.

joe wrote:

and the release notes said so in no uncertain terms.

First off I am not hassled that 1.460 broke stuff. I have learnt not to use the News page(s) and rather rely on yum to do the heavy lifting.

However I did not get the sense that I should not upgrade from http://www.webmin.com/changes.html or http://www.webmin.com/changes-1.460.html. Where is the release notes that warn me off?

TIA

Hehehe…You’re right. Looks like Jamie only gave warning on the Webmin mailing list. Oops. :wink:

Anyway, the Virtualmin.com yum repos don’t have this version yet…as our packages go through more QC testing.

But, it’s good that you did upgrade, since it looks like yours was actually a bug that hadn’t already been fixed.

Undefined subroutine &WebminCore::ui_form_start called at /usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/webmin-lib.pl line 1181.

Are you sure Webmin was restarted after the upgrade? This seems to indicate a still loaded older version called from new version CGIs.

Yes, webmin has been restarted few times. This error only comes when trying to get to System Information -page/link. Everything else afaik is working ok.

  • Yorkki

Where exactly on the System Information page is the error appearing? That might indicate which module is causing problems.

Woo! Huge performance improvement! I’m impressed. The pages load tons faster, thanks!

*** No issues detected yet, but I’ll fill you in if I find any. ***

The error comes right from the start, nothing loads before the error.

p.s. Joe, please take a look at one of my problems @ http://www.virtualmin.com/forums/usermin/disable-\%26quot%3Bread-user-mail\%26quot%3B-features-all-of-them.html …if you solve that for me, i’ll dance around naked :wink:

Joe wrote:

But, it's good that you did upgrade, since it looks like yours was actually a bug that hadn't already been fixed.

It appears that 1.470 and 1.400 have made my error disappear which is good.