Proftpd problems with second server

I’m having a slight problem with proftpd, and was hoping that someone might be able to help.

First of all I have two servers ubuntu 8.04 installed, and all using the same domain name. I have two separate virtualmin gpl installed on both machines.

I installed a game server script called swift panel on the first machine and was able to setup the second machine with game files. I can ftp the first server just fine with external ftp client, but when I try to ftp the second server I can’t connect. I set the port on the second server to 22 because the first server ftp runs on port 21, not to mention that I can’t have the same port open through the linkksys router on two different machines.
Through swift panel, and using there built in webftp I can connect to both servers, but unable to connect to ftp with external ftp client to second machine.
I hope this makes sense to someone because I even had a hard time explaining it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What kind of error do you get when you try to connect?

And are your servers running behind a NAT router by chance?

-Eric

unknown user is the error I get. the error log shows that its looking for the user at address 192.168.1.101 and the machine is at address 192.168.1.102. Both on same ip.

while looking through some of the posts here I noticed that you can’t run two seperate ftp on the same ip. If this is true, then I supose this is the reason for the error.