Processor information not displayed in Virtualmin, but it is in Webmin only install

I just did a fresh install of CentOS 6.5, ran the install.sh script, and got the system check to pass.

On the System Info page it lists the Kernel and CPU like so, which is fine:
Linux 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_64 on x86_64

But it doesn’t list the Processor information like it did when I had just Webmin installed. (I started over to get Virtualmin installed 'cause it seems that will make server migration easier in the future).

This is what Processor information looks like on the Webmin only server I’m migrating from, which I used to see before I started over with Virtualmin on this new server:
Processor information Intel® Xeon® CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz, 1 cores

Note that with Webmin only it also displays the Kernel and CPU info, it’s a separate line item.

Is there a way to get this Processor information displayed now that I have Virtualmin installed? I don’t see anything in the config page.

Howdy,

Yeah, Virtualmin may display some things differently than Webmin does.

That particular line in the System Information page appears to be showing the kernel version, and CPU architecture – though not the CPU type.

It shows similar information on my own systems.

You can access Webmin though by going into the “Webmin” link on the top-left – there you can access all of your Webmin modules.

Unfortunately though, I’m not sure which Webmin module contains the name and type of your CPU :slight_smile:

-Eric

Thanks Eric. I’ll have to check that out later as I decided to start over with just Webmin. Virtrualmin is a very powerful module, great features, but I need to get sites migrated over and don’t have the luxury of time to learn it. It’s only me on the server. My learning curve can be pretty flat sometimes.

I’ll have to get a cloud server over at Digital Ocean, full root access for $5 month I think, CentOS, etc. I can learn Virtualmin there, hopefully before the next migration!