Problem with subdomains

Hello,
I have successfully installed Webmin with Virtualmin extension, I have also successfully added new virtual server (domain), but there is the problem… some ISP does not work correctly with subdomains of this domain…

For example:
ping www.xxx.info - does not work (is not responding and does not show webpage)
ping xxx.info - works fine (responds, and shows webpage).

I have already tried to reinstall OS, webmin and virtualmin, but still the same.

NS records for domain xxx.info are configured correctly.

Where can be a problem?

Hmm, it’s possible that one or more of your nameservers isn’t behaving properly.

Try going to:

http://intodns.com

Enter your domain, and it’ll do some tests to make sure things are running properly.
-Eric

Thank you, I have configured wrong host name of server…

How can I change host name of server (including hostnames inside Virtualmin DNS, etc…)?

Thank you for reply.

under the webmin section you need to go to the networking module-Network Configuration, then go to Hostname and DNS Client to change the hostname of the server.

or ssh into the server and type: hostname something.domain.tld

Thank you, hostname was changed, but subdomains still does not work…

Here is page from intoDNS: http://www.intodns.com/e2ads.com - it looks, that all is configured correctly

Subdomains works just with some internet providers.
Mostly ping to subdomain (e.g. ping forum.xxx.info), returns: Host was not found.

Any other idea, how to make subdomains working correctly?

If you SSH onto your server, and type “host forum.xxx.info”, does it return an IP address?
-Eric

yes, it shows correct IP:

forum.xxx.info has address 89.xxx.xxx.x

forum.xxx.info mail is handled by 5 mail.forum.xxx.info.

Yeah, I’m not sure why that’s not working.

It sounds like a DNS issue of some sort, but I’m not sure what.

If you put the “xxx.info” domain into the intodns.com site, does it check out okay? I think it was another domain you had tried in there.

Beyond that – I guess we’d need to see what the specific domain name is that’s not working to be able to help diagnose the problem you’re seeing.
-Eric

e2ads has a ptr record containing kraja.cz
Now I don’t know your set up but at least kraja.cz has many dns problems