Problem installing wordpress script due to lack of quota

I found the folder where the file is hidden in my case, it is found in: /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server. I therefore replaced my file with the one updated just above, then I had to restart the machine, which was mandatory because the modification would not work otherwise. thank you

It would be enough to restart Webmin only by running /etc/webmin/restart command.

Thanks, Jamie. It fixed the issue.

I’m trying to install Wordpress on main domain, not a sub-domain and still get that quota thing. Actually I get the current quota in negative. That is, I have used around 85 MB of user quota, and i get the following error message when trying to install Wordpress: “Failed to install script : This script requires 128 MiB of free disk quota, but only -42.5 MiB is available” while I have a disk quota of 100 GiB assigned to the server. I just don’t get it. Looks like the server cant read the instructions in config file. How can I manually change the file with the quota thing?

Also, that fix in Github doesn’t work for me. Since it checks for the quota, it just reads the quota as wrong. Interestingly, i tried to install phpmyadmin and roundcube, and they went through smothly. So, I figure it has something in the wordpress script that doesn’t seem to work since the virtualmin update-mind you, I already had a previous version of wordpress installed on this virtual server, but took it out for testing purposes… I tried to upgrade wordpress on the same machine in another virtual server and it was ok, no problems. So I’m guessing I have to delete this server and re-create it to test the whole thing again.

I’ll appreciate if you have better alternatives. I’m all for learning new things. Thanks in advance.

Also, that fix in Github doesn’t work for me.

The fix really works. After editing a file you would need to restart Webmin manually by running /etc/webmin/restart command.

How can I manually change the file with the quota thing?

By using a text editor. You can find the file by running find /usr -name scripts-lib.pl command.

Sorry to say the GitHub fix doesn’t work for me either.

Tried /etc/webmin/restart and also a hard reboot of the server.

Clearly something changed recently, as I was able to install Wordpress on other domains on this server 2 days ago, but the script was for WP 5.8.x and now it is for WP 5.9.3 and has a new method of WP CLI installation. Is there an easy way to revert to the working version of the WP install script?

What exactly doesn’t work for you? What error do you see when trying to install it?

Failed to install script : This script requires 128 MiB of free disk quota, but only -1003.7 MiB is available

Quotas are set to unlimited. There is 60gb of free space on this disk. Debian 10, Virtualmin 7.0-4

I inserted the three recommended lines of code in the proper place in: /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/scripts-lib.pl

Restarted Webmin. Did not work. Rebooted server. Did not work. Same error message every time.

I’m sorry. You’re right, it still didn’t work with unlimited quotas.

Here is the patch —

Thank you. That worked with unlimited quota.

I’m sorry, it was the unlimited quota setup that messed things around. The fix with unlimited quota did the trick.

I usually edit codes directly in the file while I’m at the contol panel (be that cPanel or Virtualmin), don’t have the time to go the long way (I just download the first version of the file prior to editing it).

Hats-off to you Ilia, you were very helpful.

1 Like

Hello @Ilia,

How do I go about applying this patch?

Regards

1 Like

If you’re still running Virtualmin 7.0.0-5 (or -4) you can update your local copy of of scripts-lib.pl file with this particular version.

You can find where scripts-lib.pl file is on your system by running:

find /usr -name scripts-lib.pl

… and restarting Webmin afterwards by running /etc/webmin/restart command.

2 Likes

Worked beautifully. Thanks @Ilia

2 Likes

Thank you for the solution, I was having a similar issue.

1 Like

For some reason replacing the scripts-lib.pl file didn’t work for me. Still getting the quota error described in the opening post. File I replaced was under “/usr/share/webmin/virtual-server”

Is there anything else I need to do after replacing the file? Restart something?

Edit: restarting webmin did the trick!

1 Like

I downloaded the scrpits-lib.pl from here and moved it to /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/. After restarting the webmin service I receive the following message:

root@centaur ~ # /etc/webmin/restart
Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
Starting Webmin server in /usr/share/webmin
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/scripts-lib.pl line 8, near ""en" data"
        (Missing operator before data?)
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/scripts-lib.pl line 8, near ""auto" data"
Bareword found where operator expected at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/scripts-lib.pl line 8, near ""light" data"
failed to load scripts-lib.pl : Excessively long <> operator at /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/scripts-lib.pl line 20.

If I referre back to the original file I’m able to use Install Scripts again but back with the wordpress error …

Try these instructions:

:frowning: that specific solution gave me a new issue.

Failed to install script : Another script is already installed in /home/domaineu/public_html/Personale.

and when i use the same database as the main it gives me

Failed to install script : WordPress appears to be already using “wp_” database table prefix

Please help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.