Postgrey pass.. why?

Operating system: Debian
OS version: 10 - VirtualMin 6.1.5

Well… seems that spammers someway using email aliases (of my domain) is that possible ?

• I deleted the alias and continue coming those logs… is it dangerous - what can i do make that thing (postgrey) block anyone that hasn’t signed in…

what logs i am getting (every 10-20min):

Mar 19 17:33:31 koko****** postfix/smtpd[6655]: disconnect from hunt.cubic.ch[176.9.106.143] ehlo=2 starttls=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 data=0/1 quit=1 commands=5/7
Mar 19 17:33:31 koko****** postfix/smtpd[6655]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from hunt.cubic.ch[176.9.106.143]: 550 5.1.1 <ooo****@koko******.gr>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table; from=<> to=<ooo****@koko******.gr> proto=ESMTP helo=<hunt.cubic.ch>
Mar 19 17:33:31 koko****** postgrey[32588]: action=pass, reason=triplet found, client_name=hunt.cubic.ch, client_address=176.9.106.143/32, recipient=ooo****@koko******.gr
Mar 19 17:33:31 koko****** milter-greylist: smfi_getsymval failed for {i}
Mar 19 17:33:31 koko****** milter-greylist: GeoIP is not available

Why those passed ?
GEOIP - where this gonna fixed … is it possible ? is there any new version ?
smfi_getsymval failed for {i} —> I ve enable Mail Rate… and getting that… is it ok ?
from=<> … that seems… somehow impossible - how to stop them ?

Is there a list somewhere in server - that i can edit to remove all postgrey that they passing… is the same with greylist ?

Sometimes Logs can make you crazy !
Thanks for any help - if it is possible… ofcourse…

ps: those files here: var/lib/postgrey …are keeping… those list of bad ips how to reset them … somehow… i think it is because previous setup that everyone had the oportunity use my smtp (when postfix jail not banning - now fix it route them at null)

I ve reset - the posgrey list… to see what happened (ofcourse first kept backup)…

i follow this:
https://postgrey.ee.ethz.narkive.com/RVQ2la0O/reset-the-greylist-db

and this:

Any other thing… i can do?

The same…

… action=pass, reason=triplet found, client_name=mforward.dtag.de, client_address=194.25.242.123/32, recipient=myalias@mydomain.com
… why ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.