Postfix undefined parameters

Dear Dibs or others,

unfortunately I did not manage to get the problem solved. The error message toggles between

1. /usr/sbin/postconf: fatal: file /etc/postfix/master.cf: line 36: bad field count
    postfix/postfix-script: fatal: cannot execute /usr/sbin/postconf!

or

1. /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_sender_restrictions /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_client_restrictions /usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_helo_restrictions

This depends on the modifications in the master.cf file.
My last option is to ask if you or anyone else can send me their madter.cf and main.cf (removing the personal content) so I can try a complete working file set on my configuration. If you are willing to share that would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Rob

Just delete those variables from master.cf you don’t want to override them , you should have all your restrictions set in main.cf

example line from master.cf just delete old one and paste this one:

smtps inet n - y - - smtpd -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions= -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

If you have set rest of variables in main.cf you can delete the rest of overrides. more info here: https://serverfault.com/questions/462825/postfix-master-cf-versus-main-cf

Just delete those variables from master.cf you don’t want to override them , you should have all your restrictions set in main.cf

example line from master.cf just delete old one and paste this one:

smtps inet n - y - - smtpd -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions= -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

If you have set rest of variables in main.cf you can delete the rest of overrides. more info here: https://serverfault.com/questions/462825/postfix-master-cf-versus-main-cf

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.