Postfix /etc/postfix/virtual

We have two servers with virtualmin-PRO.

After install latest with Version 3.08, I can’t logged for send email.

We try to update with http://www.virtualmin.com/bug-tracker/bug?bug_number=147, same procedure that other server.

Dont’ work.

Well, we see /etc/postfix/virtual and there is a problem.

Virtual address get format
<user>-<domain> instead[user>@<domain>

In virtualmin panel, two servers have the diferent configuration:

One latest: user@domain
One old: user.domain

After any changes on two servers, I see a problems.

On old server, on /etc/postfix/virtual any user mapped with[user>.<domain> and others[user>.<domain>.<tld>

But on latest server, all accounts show:
<user>-<doamin>.<tld>

A question? Taht it’s a bug?
If not a bug, where it’s a place for say a server put a correct system (desired for administrator).

Excuse my poor english.

Hi Marco,

I’m having a smilar problem having migrated some sites from cPanel.
The original sites had the user name form fred@domain.com.

These are recreated as two users:

fred@domain.com and fred-domain.com

These both seem to have passwords etc but only fred-domain.com seems to be authenticated by SASL.

To get mail sent I’ve had to change the login name on the smtp authorisation to be fred-domain.com rather than fred@domain.com. Interestingly fetching mail authorises on both fred-domain.com and fred@domain.com

This is bit of a pain as the whole point of allowing the use of ‘@’ in user names was so that they didn’t need to be changed …

Any ideas would be appreciated. At some point the saslauthd daemon became stuck on a lock file and it wouldn’t authorise at all but now it seems to running ok.

Regards

Graham

Hey guys,

D’oh! We’re back to the problem of Postfix not allowing @ in usernames. I think we can probably do a conversion in postfix and have it work…or it may be that we have to switch to Sendmail for cPanel migrated systems. I’d hate to do that, as Postfix is a nicer SMTP server in almost every regard, but it might be the only way to stick with @ in usernames.

Anyway, before we do that I’ll see if I can find a way to translate the incoming name@domain.tld format to name-domain.tld before postfix makes a decision on what to do with messages.