Postfix bounces mail in one account

Hi all, I run a server on centos 6.3 and I installed virtualmin with the install script with no problem. I run few domains with different accounts. On one of my domains I had an account, and it suddenly is bouncing mails back. It’d seem to be that it was a quota problem, but the domain and user are far from reaching the limit. Could somebody point me out where to start to check the problem

logs states:,, relay=local, delay=26, delays=1.2/0.26/0/24, dsn=5.2.0, status=bounced (can’t create user output file)

PS: The other accounts on other domains they so seem not to be affected, any ideas?

Thank you

Checking procmail I found out it states user exceed quota but it is not true, how could I fix this?

Disk quota for mailusername has been reached.
procmail: Program failure (73) of “/etc/webmin/virtual-server/”

Are you by chance dealing with a Sub-Server… one that was once a top-level Virtual Server, but was later converted to a Sub-Server?

If you’re certain that you aren’t dealing with a user or group quota issue, and the above is also true – try restarting the lookup-domain service, and see if that helps. You may be seeing a bug, and restarting that service should resolve that.

You can do that with this command:

/etc/init.d/lookup-domain restart

No, it’s not a subserver although as the problem raised , I created another mailbox with same problem. What I think that it happens is. System works fine, then one of the users run out of space and or inodes under quota. System admin amends this but the running out of quota has trigged something that has not been reset after fixing quotas so procmail sees user has run out of quota even if the user has enough space again. I had already done what you ask for andrey. I did a ‘service lookup-domain restart’ that I believe is pretty much the same. Thank you for input, the problem is I don’t know where lookup-domain gets quota info from, when I do it from either webmin or console it says user is ok with space and inodes.

The user sends emails, no errors reported, it’s only the incoming messages and as stated above as per quota problems.

How do I report a bug if this is the case? How do I know it’s not a quota bug instead of virtualmin?

Thank you in advance.

Well, let’s start here… what is the output of these two commands:

quota -u USERNAME quota -g GROUPNAME

And just input the actual “username” and “groupname” above (the “groupname” is usually the same as the Virtual Server owner’s name).

That should give us some insight into where the problem lies.


Thank you Eric, the outcome for ‘quota -u username && quota -g groupname’ shows:

Disk quotas for user username (uid 505):
Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace
/dev/sda2 4487436 10485760 10485760 35983 0 0

Disk quotas for group groupname (gid 505): none

that is if I run the command from shell, it differs from what is shown in webmin quota:

User quota in webmin :

username 4.28 GB 10 GB 10 GB 35983 Unlimited Unlimited

Group quota in webmin:

groupname 4.28 GB Unlimited Unlimited 36110 Unlimited Unlimited

No idea why group quota from shell shows no quota, i hope this helped, thank you for your support.


I sorted the problem out, I’ll share in case anyone come into it, it is very simple and silly, but here you go.

No matter what quota a user has, if you set this user via virtualmin, it creates a site quota. On my case a 1 GB.
As I had spent more than that even in webmin my quota was for 10GB, virtualmin would disable my file space.

Thank you Eric for your time and support