Postfix Authentication Problem Username

I can’t install virtualmin with the install.sh file. It stops at the clamav version warning and it’s done.

FATAL - Fatal Error Occurred: Installation of virtualmin-release failed: 1
FATAL - Cannot continue installation.
FATAL - Attempting to remove virtualmin repository configuration, so the installation can be
FATAL - re-attempted after any problems have been resolved.
FATAL - Removing temporary directory and files.
FATAL - If you are unsure of what went wrong, you may wish to review the log
FATAL - in /root/virtualmin-install.log

so, I ran this a got this:

/bin/sh install.sh --uninstall

Running uninstall scripts …
Deleted init script /etc/rc.d/init.d/webmin
Done. There’s probably quite a bit of related packages and such left behind
but all of the Virtualmin-specific packages have been removed.

Then tried to reinstall and get this.

INFO - Installing Virtualmin and all related packages now using the command:
INFO - yum -y -d 2 install virtualmin-base
…in progress, please wait… |WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.94 Recommended version: 0.94.2 /Enabling quotas on filesystem for /home INFO - yum -y -d 2 install virtualmin-base: Succeeded.
INFO - Checking for updates to Virtualmin-related packages…
…in progress, please wait… INFO - /usr/bin/yum -y -d 2 install bind bind-utils caching-nameserver httpd postfix bind spamassassin procmail perl-DBD-Pg perl-DBD-MySQL quota iptables openssl python mailman subversion mysql mysql-server mysql-devel postgresql postgresql-server rh-postgresql rh-postgresql-server logrotate webalizer php php-domxl php-gd php-imap php-mysql php-odbc php-pear php-pgsql php-snmp php-xmlrpc php-mbstring mod_perl mod_python cyrus-sasl dovecot spamassassin mod_dav_svn cyrus-sasl-gssapi mod_ssl ruby ruby-devel rubygems perl-XML-Simple perl-Crypt-SSLeay: Succeeded.

So, i think everything is ok so I go to the link via browser and nothing pulls up. it just times out.

Something is wrong.

I tried this on a clean installation of centos 5.2. It could be something I’ve done, but I just don’t know what it is.

For future reference, it’s best to start a new topic, as this isn’t related to the “Postfix Authentication problem” thread it’s in :slight_smile:

However, can you attach your /root/virtualmin-install.log file? That may offer some hints on what went wrong.

Also, what kind of server are you installing this onto, and how much RAM do you have?
-Eric

SOrry, I will start a new topic if it’s necessary. i have 4gb of ram.

anyway, I figured my issue had some similarities to this thread. ie. this message about the clamav version warning. THis was posted in ealier posts of this thread.

INFO - Installing Virtualmin and all related packages now using the command:
INFO - yum -y -d 2 install virtualmin-base
…in progress, please wait… |WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.94 Recommended version: 0.94.2 /Enabling quotas on filesystem for /home INFO - yum -y -d 2 install virtualmin-base: Succeeded.
INFO - Checking for updates to Virtualmin-related packages…

Also, my server sysadmin told me to go here and post and monitor this issue to see if there is a fix or any updates:

anyway, attached is the log.

sorry it didn’t attach last post due to it being a .log file. [file name=virtualmin_install-c9069ef247e3c95462288c64ce14ceaa.txt size=67811]http://www.virtualmin.com/components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/virtualmin_install-c9069ef247e3c95462288c64ce14ceaa.txt[/file]

It’s okay, don’t worry about the new thread at the moment – but I think the ClamAV issue is a red herring, as they say, I don’t think it’s the main issue here.

Something else seems to be going on at the moment, and I’m not sure what at the moment :slight_smile:

Aside from Webmin timing out, is the server otherwise working? Do you see Postfix, Apache, and Dovecot running?

What happens if you do this:

/etc/init.d/webmin stop
killall miniserv.pl

Wait a few seconds, and then start Webmin back up:

/etc/init.d/webmin start

Does it work for you at that point?
-Eric

this is what i get:

/etc/init.d/webmin stop
Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
killall miniserv.pl
miniserv.pl: no process killed
/etc/init.d/webmin start

I then go to my browser and the same thing happens. It times out:

http://216.83.111.34:1000

It’s like nothing got installed. ie. apache or php, mysql, or anything. There’s nothing on the server for these items.

Aha!

Rather than what you typed above – first, try the port "10000" rather than "1000", and use "https" rather than "http". That is, try this URL:

https://216.83.111.34:10000/

That actually loads up just fine here.
-Eric

wow, i feel like an idiot. Ok, it looks like it works!

yes, it was a permissions issue. /var/lib/dovecot/ was set to 0770. Corrected, all is good.

BTW, here is the error during install on clamav:

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.94 Recommended version: 0.94.2 -WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 193.1.193.64)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net |WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 64.246.134.219)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net \WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 64.246.134.219)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd \WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Current functionality level = 35, recommended = 38

yes, it was a permissions issue. /var/lib/dovecot/ was set to 0770. Corrected, all is good.

BTW, here is the error during install on clamav:

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.94 Recommended version: 0.94.2 -WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 193.1.193.64)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net |WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 64.246.134.219)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net \WARNING: getfile: daily-8139.cdiff not found on remote server (IP: 64.246.134.219)
WARNING: getpatch: Can’t download daily-8139.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd \WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Current functionality level = 35, recommended = 38