Possible to use separate ip addresses for each domain when sending email?

Yahoo is worthless and keeps considering my outgoing email “bulk” and nothing I do satisfies them despite the fact I am not sending bulk email.

I cannot and do not want to change the primary ip address of the server, through which all outgoing email is directed. Is there a way to get postfix to direct outgoing email for each domain through their designated ip address? I have about 4 sites with dedicated ip addresses and would like them to use those ips when sending mail.

Thanks

Edit:
ok I found this:
http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/01/02/postfix-bind-sender-domain-to-dedicated-outgoing-ip-address/

but only for postfix 2.7 and later? Why is Virtualmin only using 2.3.3? Can we update?

Howdy,

Ah, that’s a pretty cool feature, I hadn’t heard about the sender dependent transport maps.

But as far as the Postfix version being used – Virtualmin simply uses whatever version of Postfix that’s provided with your distribution.

The key, then, would be to use a Linux distribution that comes with the software versions you require.

For example, it looks like Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) comes with Postfix 2.7. When Debian 6 comes out (which should be in the upcoming weeks), it looks like it’ll come with Postfix 2.7. It’s also possible CentOS 6 will offer that version of Postfix when that distro is released, though I’m not quite sure what package versions they’ll be shipping with.

I don’t believe Virtualmin currently offers a means of configuring those new features via the GUI, you’d certainly be able to manually add them by editing the Postfix config by hand.

-Eric

Yep, Ubuntu 10.04 currently has Postfix 2.7.0-1 to be exact. :slight_smile: