Please support PHP 7.2 out of the box

On CentOS, but I guess everybody benefits, please also install PHP 7.2 using the install script to make things easy for us.

Or if this is really a hassle, please show an easy way to install PHP 7.2 and make it work in virtualmin like the other installed PHP versions, thank you!

Or probably at least add
@all_possible_php_versions = (4, 5, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9,
“7.0”, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3);
to
/usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/virtual-server-lib.pl

so fresh installs also detect versions older than 7.1 without this manual change

At least on Centos is easy to install multiple PHP versions or upgrade default 5.4 to a never one. You can use SCL or Remi for this, as far as i know both of them will work without any problem. For the upgrade you have my post in “Third Party News” how to do that step by step, and tested.

For the PHP versions on Centos 7 anything lover than 5.4 is EOL and will not get any future updates, including security patches. For other versions above 5.4 you must check PHP website as some of them reached EOL and because they are not default to Centos 7 it will not get any attention like 5.4 where devs backport all the updates.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Virtualmin always used default software shipped with the OS so if you want something else/extra this task will be on you to sort it out. This is done so Virtualmin could be installed without any problem or conflicts what could arise by installing software what isnt originally supported by OS. In your case that would be PHP 7.2 as default PHP for Centos 7 is 5.4 and it will never change until next major Centos release, e.g. Centos 8.

Thank you for your explanation, I indeed removed the stock php 5.4 and installed 7.2, this seems to be the best way for now.