PHP User Registration Page

I have only have simple programming knowledge and have little PHP knowledge to make anything amazing.

Could someone help me write some PHP code if they would be so kind? I’m running a small website hosting server with about 10 clients (Ubuntu Server) running: apache, mysql, virtualmin, php etc…

At the moment i have to create accounts for my clients manually when they want my services. What i would like to do is have a registration page in PHP that clients get directed to after they use the PayPal subscribe button. On this page i would like to take the following information:

• Name
  • Email
  • Account Name
  • Password

When they click on the Submit button i would like it to create the virtual server using their account name and putting their name and email in the server description. At the moment there is only one Standard Package. I would also like it to email notify me that a new account has been made and even send them a email with there details.

The other thing i have no clue on is how do i make sure anyone can just navigate to the page and create and account? There is a feature on the PayPal subscribe buttons to send them to a custom page.

I have only ever made a email form with PHP and have tried to do what i want but failed, if anyone gives code i thank you very much and you can have free webspace :slight_smile:

Thanks David

Hi David,

There’s a decent amount of code that would go into solving that particular problem. However, perhaps someone looking for some free web space will be kind enough to bang out some code for you!

I wanted to offer an alternative, though… there’s a product out there called WHMCS that actually is designed to do what you’re after:

http://www.whmcs.com/

It can take new user registrations, request payment from them, and then setup a web hosting account once it successfully receives the payment.

-Eric

Hey thanks for the reply! The service looks great a bit like Plesk. That would be what i was looking for in the future but at the moment until i can get more paying clients i would like a free option. I do business studies and know that you can’t start a business with no investment capital but at the moments that is exactly what im doing :slight_smile:

After i get at lest 20 paying clients i will be moving to a Plesk or WHMCS system and yes if anyone is willing on helping my server is on a 15mbit connection in the UK and i’ll give you a 1gb of space with SSH access :slight_smile:

Thanks David

Hey thanks for the reply! The service looks great a bit like Plesk. That would be what i was looking for in the future but at the moment until i can get more paying clients i would like a free option. I do business studies and know that you can’t start a business with no investment capital but at the moments that is exactly what im doing :slight_smile:

After i get at lest 20 paying clients i will be moving to a Plesk or WHMCS system and yes if anyone is willing on helping my server is on a 15mbit connection in the UK and i’ll give you a 1gb of space with SSH access :slight_smile:

Thanks David

I can’t see there being much code to write just run a few command line commands with variables and little text box verification and a simple email send (i can do that bit) the only complex bit would be the link from paypal to the page