PHP Question After Upgrade to CentOS6

Greetings

I have just upgraded VM pro on CentOS 5 to v6. One of the virtual servers that uses PHP is now getting the error below in the browser on one of their web pages. I would prefer that such errors were logged rather than displayed. In /etc/php.ini I see these values:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

display_errors = Off

I would have thought that “display_errors = Off” would prevent this problem - but I’m not very good on PHP stuff! Is there something else I need to fix?

— error -----------------------------------------------------

« MODx Parse Error »
MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
« PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
Error: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘UTC’ for ‘GMT/0.0/no DST’ instead
Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2

Hang on a minute - I assumed this error message was coming from PHP. I didn’t realise what “MODx” is (an open-source CMS). This error comes from the CMS - so that’s a problem for the developer methinks, and not for me!