php mail function and googleapps

Hello,

I’m french user. I will try to do my best to explain my issue with virtualmin .

I have setup an google apps account in order to handle all my email from my domain.tld which is host on a server where i have installed virtualmin

I have successfuly updated bind configuration to use adresses that google ask me for.

I receive email normally on google apps but…

When i use a php mail fonction, on this server to send an email to my xxx@domain.tld…googleapps doesn’t receive the mail

I know that is a problem with the server configuration, which deliver the email on the local mail box like a loop…

my question is where i can on virtualmin the right parameter to tell : " hey, you don’t handle email, it’s googleapps"

Thanks for you help
cheers,

Howdy,

If you’re using a third party, such as Google Apps, to host your email – you would need to tell Virtualmin that it isn’t handling email for that domain, someone else is.

To do that, go into Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features, and disable the “Mail for Domain” feature.

-Eric

Hello eric,

Thanks for your response, Actually when i created the virtual server i have disabled this features from scratch so the problem is not comming from this thing.

i had a look on the log “mail.log” located in /var/log

ksxxxxxx postfix/pickup[23337]: 1BFF725662: uid=33 from=
ksxxxxxx postfix/cleanup[28139]: 1BFF725662: message-id=20120223100003.1BFF725662@ksxxxxxx.kimsufi.com
ksxxxxxx postfix/qmgr[16388]: 1BFF725662: from=www-data@ksxxxxxx.kimsufi.com, size=2098, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
ksxxxxxx postfix/local[28141]: 1BFF725662: to=www-data@ksxxxxxx.kimsufi.com, orig_to=, relay=local, delay=0.13, delays=0.1/0/0/0.03, dsn=5.2.0, status=bounced (can’t create user output file. Command output: procmail: Unable to treat as directory “/var/www/Maildir” procmail: Error while writing to “/var/www/Maildir” procmail: Unable to treat as directory “/var/www/Maildir” procmail: Lock failure on “/var/www/Maildir.lock” procmail: Error while writing to “/var/www/Maildir” )

This error appears each 10 minutes on my server. Do you why www-data is trying to send an email ?

Hmm, it shouldn’t be trying to save email into /var/www.

Can you paste in the contents of your /etc/procmailrc file?

I don’t know why it’s emailing you every 10 minutes – but we can start by making sure that email is configured correctly, which would allow you to read the message it’s sending you. And then we can figure out what the problem is :slight_smile:

-Eric

Here there are

DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
DROPPRIVS=yes
:0
$DEFAULT

cheers,
Mourad

Hello eric,

Any news about my issue, Do you think postfix is badly configured ?

cheers,

Howdy,

Well, I’m not really sure what the issue is exactly… but I don’t think it’s a Postfix problem.

Are you able to send email from other clients, such as Outlook/Thunderbird, or maybe Usermin?

-Eric