PHP execution mode fcgid was selected in the default template, but is not supported on this system, and now will be changed to none

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version REQUIRED
Webmin version REQUIRED
Virtualmin version REQUIRED
Related packages SUGGESTED

PHP execution mode fcgid was selected in the default template, but is not supported on this system, and now will be changed to none

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available and properly configured …

Your system has 15.39 GiB of memory, which is at or above the Virtualmin recommended minimum of 256 MiB

BIND DNS server is installed

Mail server Postfix is installed and configured

Postfix is configured to support per-domain outgoing IP addresses

Apache is installed

Apache does not support HTTP/2 : Missing Apache mod_http2 module

The following PHP execution modes are available : fpm

The following PHP-FPM versions are available : 5.4.16 (php-fpm)

PHP versions have changed to 5 since last check. Regenerating any missing php.ini files

Apache is configured to host SSL websites

MariaDB 5.5.68 is installed and running

Logrotate is installed

SpamAssassin and Procmail are installed and configured for use

ClamAV is installed and running

Plugin AWStats reporting is installed

Plugin Protected web directories is installed

Using network interface eno1 for virtual IPs

Default IPv4 address for virtual servers is 49.38.78.7

Both user and group quotas are enabled for home and email directories

All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed

The selected package management and update systems are installed

Chroot jails are available

… your system is ready for use by Virtualmin

Updating all Webmin users with new settings…
… done

Updating status collection job …
… done

Re-loading Webmin …
… done

I can’t use PHP execution mode fcgid

In a situation like this you absolutely must tell us your OS and version. PHP execution mode available is highly specific to distribution and version.

I can’t even begin to guess what the problem is without that. And even then, we probably need to know how you installed and if there were any errors during installation, and what PHP packages you have installed, and if you’ve installed anything from third party sources before the install or after that may have led to this situation.

CentOS 7 64-bit
installation steps
wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh
chmod +x install.sh
./install.sh
Then log in to the panel https://49.38.88.72:10000, and then follow the default settings step by step according to the reminder, and then remind me to check Re-Check Configuration

Are you sure you want to use CentOS 7 for a new install? I strongly advise you to use something newer. I’d recommend Rocky or Alma 8 or 9, if you like RHEL-based distros.

I’m not sure why it’s trying to use fcgid. We no longer even support FCGId on CentOS (or Rocky or Alma). To get past this switch to PHP-FPM as the execution mode in your default template. Or just install on a new OS that gets that default anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.