PHP 70 OK but PHP 71 not?

My system had those three PHP versions and I decided to add Php71:

The following PHP versions are available : 5.4.16 (/bin/php-cgi), 5.6.5 (/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/bin/php-cgi), 7.0.12 (/bin/php70-cgi)
<<

After installing PHP 71 (from remi repo) and with no problems on the installation, virtualmin does not seem to detect it (same message as above when re-checking the configuration). Any ideas?

PS: I did see similar posts on not finding added PHP versions which indicate that symlinks are required…however a) I don’t know if this correct in this case and b)I am not very confident with the command to do it.
All I know is that the php71.ini is located in:

/etc/opt/remi/php70/php.ini
→ /etc/opt/remi/php71/php.ini
/etc/opt/rh/rh-php56/php.ini

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you

Hi

Do you know, at this moment virtualmin/webm not fully supported for php 7.x. So don’t upgrade php until virtualmin release support php7.

WHich version of PHP did you install from the REMI repo? There are packages both to override the default PHP in the system, and packages to live alongside the default, much like the packages in the SCL system do. I am happily using both the remi 7.0 and 7.1 repos on my servers so other than the possibility that you are using the wrong remi repo, I’m not sure what the problem might be.

cruiskeen - just out of curiosity… I noticed you’re successfully using both php 7.0 and 7.1 on your servers…

Do any of the services you utilize via webmin or virtualmin use ioncube or ioncube loader to run off and if so are you using ioncube loader’s newer version which runs on php 7.x?

I use Project Supremacy for schema and while they have a version that runs on php 5.6 and the older ioncube loader I would like to use php 7 and the corresponding loader on my website.

I recently configured a server for a customer who needed ioncube with php 7. As I recall, 7.0 works fine with the ioncube loader, but 7.1 does not. I used the remi repos, have 5.4,5.5,5.6,7.0,7.1 enabled and all available from Virtualmin. Works beautifully.