Outlook mail certificate

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04
Webmin version 1.984
Virtualmin version 6.17-3
Related packages SUGGESTED

Hello, each time when I open my Outlook says the mail client that the certificate of my virtualmin mailbox cannot be verified. I can always click in “yes” but for the client it’s not so use-friendly.

Can someone help me?

I have been doing two things to keep email deployment hassle free:

1. get my users to use hostname.tld as incoming server and outgoing server in email clients like Outlook

2. create a virtual server for hostname.tld, get a SSL certificate for it and then apply this certificate to Dovecot, Postfix and all other services by simply clicking the button that Virtualmin provides for it.

If you replicate this for your users and system @Jobbedf it should address the certificate error that is being seen on Outlook.

Ok, thanks. I just created the Virtual server but where should I see the button for apply the certificate to the services?

better to use main virtualmin domain/virtual server as SMTP/IMAP/POP, which probably has a valid cert for all services.
additionally, some older outlook (<2010 iirc) don’t work with newer SSL certs… what outlook version do you have?

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.