ONE couldn't have professional PATCH / BUG / Security management with the tools Virtualmin is giving

Yea like the new forum too.

But also like DOS 2.xx command line… :wink:
( the battle Peter Norton <> Billy Gates ) :joy:

I did start a topic here somewhere to have official replys solutions ( also older out of support isseues) out of forum in a kind scratch wiki / howto upfront before then someone could rewrite those to better documentation. ( so for the good with Grammar voluntiers here a starting point to help out)

Started in DOS 2x world, OS2 MICROSOFT and IBM, Windows Server 3.5x , NETWARE … , LINUX much later but still liking “conf” files editing with a command line there such should be possible always i hope .

The DA custom options i like, here at virtualmin you can have some custom templating , but custom update proof config files changes are somewhat harder to handle that is why i read here and do updates later on… or test them first on a test instance if time…

1 Like

that is actually not bad idea - speaking as sort of admin freak here…

Edit: acutally @Jfro I believe there should be git repo for documentation, just .md files so we could clone those edit those also give hand to solve some stuff to virtualmin folks and they should be only one who could merge those docs otherwise you can use it by yourself or share it with your clients/friends/mother… but this have its own times…

@unborn

Yup your idea is also good, but lets wait, for Joe and … how they are going to evolve their DOCU / WIKI then if needed a extra.

For now i only have kind of docu for changes / probs / solutions myself in scratch way to solve some of the things as ciphers, perl install prob, python versions, dkim, spam, abuse, encryption, certs, http2 with centos7 (https://codeit.guru/en_US/) phpfpm remi, sftp, external dns, ipv6 , dmarc, spf.

Such things i didn’t find (or only very hard to find) with Virtualmin / Webmin Docu.

@Jfro as I said I have my own docs to do simplified things to accomplish those things - speaking to you as sys to sys - ya maaaan been there and done all of those :slight_smile:

Edit: one day, we will unified this, received by vm folks and after reviewing it - hopefully if help fully change docs enough it should make a land of great docs out there… - just give them time, they work hard fukc out of the days… Edit 2: somehow text is getting corrected which I hate… nevermind its posted now.