No dynamic maps will be allowed

Hi Guys

I am receiving the following errors in my logs. Any ideas what could be causing it and how to fix it.

Aug 17 08:15:01 myserver postfix/showq[14353]: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.
Aug 17 08:20:02 myserver postfix/sendmail[14479]: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.
Aug 17 08:20:02 myserver postfix/postqueue[14479]: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.

thanks
Allanit

Never seen this error myself, but it would suggest that the named file is missing/invalid on your system.

What distro are you using? What’s the output for the following command? it should be like so.

root@australis:~# ls /etc/postfix/dy* -l -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 326 Oct 8 2012 /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf

The contents of that file are for me:

[code]# Postfix dynamic maps configuration file.

#type location of .so file open function (mkmap func)
#==== ================================ ============= ============
tcp /usr/lib/postfix/dict_tcp.so dict_tcp_open
sqlite /usr/lib/postfix/dict_sqlite.so dict_sqlite_open
pcre /usr/lib/postfix/dict_pcre.so dict_pcre_open[/code]

Hi Locutus

My distro is Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1and I get.

> ls /etc/postfix/dy* -1 ls: cannot access /etc/postfix/dy*: No such file or directory

The strange thing is mail seems to be all working correctly???

Maybe Virtualmin doesn’t use the “dynamic maps” feature of Postfix for its operation. :slight_smile:

Recreating the file with the contents I posted would probably fix the error you see, except it’s just part of a larger issue.

I a now receiving this warning from rkhunter:

/etc/cron.daily/rkhunter:
sendmail: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.
postdrop: warning: dict_open_dlinfo: cannot open /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf. No dynamic maps will be allowed.

Yeah you probably need to create the /etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf file… it sounds like that was removed, and a missing file can throw errors and warnings and cause other kinds of trouble :slight_smile:

The contents should be as Locutus mentioned in his initial comment above – and then just make sure the file is readable by everyone (“chmod 644” should be good).

-Eric