Nginx, virtualmin, magento - blank page loads, no error?

Fresh centos 6.4, virtualmin and nginx plugin from the guide here:
http://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/web/nginx

The thing is when a page loads, it’s just blank with no error. This is on magento 1.7 too

Any ideas what might be going on?

Howdy,

Do you see any errors in the Nginx logs for that domain?

-Eric

Hi Andrey,

I do not see errors in the logs. However, here’s the weirder part… I just tried reinstalling centos and threw just regular ol’ apache in there, and it STILL does it.

This is taken from a LIVE centos 5 / virtual min server that I’m trying to duplicate locally, but this time around it’s centos 6.4. Any idea why on earth this would happen?

It’s again no errors in any logs, not even the magento logs. I also set memory limits to 512M just cause that was my first thought… totally confused!

Hmm, that is unusual… do you see anything in the logs? Anything that suggest that it’s this particular website that’s being accessed?

Whenever you access your site, it should record that in $HOME/logs/access_log.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes the apache log is showing that the site is being accessed. The error log is not recording anything, and neither is /etc/httpd/logs/error_log.

I’ve noticed that DOMAIN.com/admin will partially load the header too, but that’s it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is a fresh install and I’m just totally stumped at this point

Out of curiosity, what if you just make a file named test.php in your public_html folder for this domain, and within it, add the following line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

If you access that in your browser, does it output various PHP config details? Or do you get a blank page as well?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

No phpinfo works fine, any ideas?

would really appreciate any insight, thanks :slight_smile: Pretty desperate right now…

would truly appreciate some help here, have no idea what is going on, there are no error logs anywhere, just a blank screen, pulling my hair out!

Well, you seem to be seeing some sort of Magento issue… Magento definitely can work on a Virtualmin system.

For some reason, it’s not producing any error messages though. And to understand what’s going on, you’d really need that.

So you’d need to figure out how to coax some error messages out of it… it’s tough to say why that’s not occurring, if it’s a PHP configuration issue, or if Magento for some reason isn’t generating errors.

It sounds like you’re saying this particular domain is being imported from another working system.

One thought is that you may want to try to create a brand new Virtual Server on this test system, and to install Magento into it, and see if it works.

If it does, take a look at $HOME/etc/php.ini, as well as the Magento config, and see if you can determine what’s different.

-Eric

apparently, an offending module was the cause of this. The weird thing is, it gave ZERO error messages. Not in magento, not in php, not in apache, nothing.

In any case, it looks like php-ioncube-loader and zend-optimizer are required for this module to function which was causing this headache. I’ll update this thread if I find out more details

Dear Smalls and Eric, I have the same problem. I’m using Virtualmin 4.02.gpl on Centos 6.4. On October 6th, 2013. All website hosted on my server disappeared. Wordpress based website is blank, Drupal based website is blank. I replace index.php with basic code:

<?php // Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL phpinfo(); ?>

No signal from the site. It’s still blank.

My access log for 1 website:

113.161.77.146 - - [08/Oct/2013:22:17:45 +0700] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 304 - “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.69 Safari/537.36”

My error log for 1 website:

[Tue Oct 08 22:13:53 2013] [error] [client 113.161.77.146] File does not exist: /home/sws/public_html/favicon.ico

If you find any useful information, please update this thread, Smalls.

I found solution in http://www.virtualmin.com/node/25539#comment-123300

Hope that help.