New Virtualmin and Webmin version, Letencrypt automatic renewal

I found the renewal feature in the new Virtualmin / Webmin version. Very good :slight_smile: I also like, that it creates the * and the www. cert. Good job guys.

But if i enter 2 (Months), after it should renew the cert automatically, this won’t work,

So what do i miss here? Haven’t found a hint in the documentation, or maybe i am blind.

Thank you very much.

I have the same problem, automatic renewal stopped working some time ago.

In my case I set renewal every 2 months, one of my website has already 2.06 of 3 months. Two other websites already expired ;(

Please have a look the screen shot: https://ibb.co/mx7CQk

Ps. do we need type something in: Webmin/Webmin Configuration/Options/Full path to Let’s Encrypt client command

Any advise?

It’s even more worse for me:

I am now getting every 3 minutes mails (although Let’s encrypt SSL has been installed correctly):

Let’s Encrypt certificate renewal failed!

I tried to set renewal to manual via Manage SSL Certificates -> tab Let’s Encrypt -> Only renew manually -> button Only Update Renewal.

However, the mails for this domain do not stop
The renewal setting is automatically set back by VirtualMin to automatically after 5 minutes or so.

1 - Where can I find the Let’s Encrypt configuration files on VirtualMin Centos 6.5? They are not in /etc/letsencrypt (which would be what I expected). How can I stop this loop that feels a bit like a hijack???

2 - The trigger of this loop seems to by the general webcollect script that tiggers the acme python scripts. How to stop the acme script running for the Let’s Encryped looped domains?

3 - Is there a way to reset / re-install clean the letsencrypt part in VirtualMin? It would not be an issue for me to start clean as I used this machine to test letsencrypt first on VirtualMin 5.07gpl on Centos 6.5.

Thanks!

Here is a copy of the non-stoping e-mails every 3 minutes or so (> 600 mails received and they keep on coming).

=================================================

An error occurred requesting a new certificate for [hidden] from Let’s Encrypt : Failed to request certificate :

Parsing account key
 Parsing CSR
 Registering account
 . Already registered! Verifying [hidden]
 [hidden] verified! Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/acme_tiny.py”, line 203, in main(sys.argv[1:]) File “/usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/acme_tiny.py”, line 199, in main signed_crt = get_crt(args.account_key, args.csr, args.acme_dir, log=LOGGER, CA=args.ca) File “/usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/acme_tiny.py”, line 150, in get_crt os.remove(wellknown_path) OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/[hidden]/public_html/.well-known/acme-challenge/gZRPLdRLGe9clr_cyUEPaViwQWNg1tW2KTjhH-tFV4M’

I found it in a reply from jamie:

As a quick fix, you can turn off automatic renewal with

virtuamin modify-web --domain yourdomain.com --no-letsencrypt-renew

This should fix the problem of doing renewals all over every x minutes.

Best