new user help

I’m looking for some help on how to create a new webmin user. What I’m trying to do is setup a new user with a sub server from my main virtual server. I setup my main virtual server then sub server and then setup new webmin user but when I give this new user the file manager insteed of just being able to edit files in sub server public_html, the user has access to the whole hard drive. Any help? Thanks.

I don’t know of a way to setup a Webmin user such that they’re restricted to a given Sub-Server.

Your options are:

1. Make that Sub-Server a separate top-level server, and give the user access to that

2. Give the user FTP access , and restrict them to a given directory (by using “Add a website FTP access user” in Edit Mail and FTP Users).

I had this before but couldn’t remember for the life of me how to do it again. I thought I had to make a sub-server from the main server, but I guess not. Thanks again for your help.

I noticed that the user is the name of the domain example.xxx.com the users name is example. and I also noticed that it also creates the same user in user and groups. can this name be changed, and if so do I have to change them both in webmin user, and in user and groups. I’m sure that it can be changed but I’m just wondering if this is the proper way to change this, or is there a easier way, or another proper way to do this. Thanks again.