I did a new install of Fedora Core 4 and Virtualmin Pro on a new server due to a total server crasch. Some strange issues came up after the installation.
The server is a i686 system
Fedora Core 4 ver. 2.6.17-1.2142.
Virtualmin Pro. Installed with the latest install.sh
The installation competed without any problems or errors. Some of the issues are:
- The firewall was NOT setup to accept 10000 and 20000 as default, unable to log in on Webmin or Usermin. Hade to manually edit the iptables to gain access.
- Unable to receive mail with MS Outlook(POP3). Due to firewall settings, port 110 was not set up by default.
- Don’t know if Clamav is running and set up ok, Virtualmin report that it is running thoug. Tried to send Eicar testvirus through the server, it was delivered normally!!
- The Logwatch no longer reports anything about Clamav. Don’t know if it’s running or if it’s updated.
- Cron Daemon constantly reports:
error: vsftpd.log:1 duplicate log entry for /var/log/xferlog
There are some other issues and I’ll write them down when they pops up.