Nameserver Setting, Domain DNS setting

Hi all, I m newbie to virtualmin, I faced a difficulty and I hope anyone can help me, thanks a lot!

Here is my situation:

1. I have a server which is Centos 5 and installed virtualmin.
  2. I have applied a domain “abc.com” from a domain provider, however, this domain provider has no DNS record management, so I can only add nameserver to this domain to point the domain to my server.

I have tried to do some research, I found this reference:
https://www.virtualmin.com/node/22091

But I m still confused, I hope anyone can guide me step by step.

First, for my server , what should I set? How do I setup a nameserver so I can provide this nameserver to my domain provider? Like ns1.myanotherdomain.com?
Q1) Should I use another domain which has DNS management, to create a DNS record called ns1.myanotherdomain.com? If yes, is it pointing to my server?
Q2) How do I setup a nameserver for my server?

Please try to explain me as detail as you can, thanks

Howdy,

There’s actually some details regarding your questions at the following URL in the section titled “How do I setup nameservers for my server?”:

http://virtualmin.com/documentation/dns/faq

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help.
From your guide, when I come to this line:
After registering your nameservers at your domain name registrar – you’ll want to log into Virtualmin, select your “example.com” domain, click Server Configuration -> DNS Records, and create a new “A - IPv4 Address” record for ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com.

I cannot find where to create the IPv4 record for my ns1.mydomain?

Can you please help?
Thanks

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help.
From your guide, when I come to this line:
After registering your nameservers at your domain name registrar – you’ll want to log into Virtualmin, select your “example.com” domain, click Server Configuration -> DNS Records, and create a new “A - IPv4 Address” record for ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com.

I cannot find where to create the IPv4 record for my ns1.mydomain?

Can you please help?
Thanks

Howdy,

You would create the IPv4 record in the screen described above, Server Configuration -> DNS Records.

Is that option not showing up in your case?

-Eric

Howdy,

You would create the IPv4 record in the screen described above, Server Configuration -> DNS Records.

Is that option not showing up in your case?

-Eric