MySQL user doesn't match admin user?

Virtualmin GPL, Ubuntu 20.04, fresh install.

If I create a new server called test.com with admin user test.com I expect my database user to be test.com but instead it is created as test_com? Why is this happening?

Thanks

Lewis

Hi,

I think this is due to historic reasons. What you could try to do as a work-around, is to open domain config file, located at /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/0000000000000000 and manually alter mysql_user parameter to the value with a dot. After doing so, go to Edit Virtual Server and first disable (be aware that this action will delete existing databases for given virtual server) and then enable MySQL feature, to see how it would work for you.

@Jamie Jamie, if we comment out this line, everything seems to work just fine for newly created virtual servers. Should we push it to the stream? Are there consequences on restoring backups?

@Ilia

Thanks for your reply.

My current workaround is to create the new server and then go to Edit Databases > Usernames and change it there which seems to work fine, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to do this each time.

I’ve been using Virtualmin for many years since Ubuntu 12.04 and this has never happened on any previous installs, so I don’t know what has recently changed.

Thanks to you all for your work with this amazing project :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.