mysql not showing in webmin>server menu

i am not seeing mysql in the webmin > server menu, but when i go to mydomain.com:10000/mysql i am able to manage it.

is there any setting that enables/disables this from showing in the menu on the left hand side of the screen?

Howdy,

Are you referring to root, or another user?

If you’re using Virtualmin, “MySQL login enabled” would need to be checked under “Edit Virtual Servers” -> “Enabled Features” for any user who should have access. Then, that user can just choose “Edit Databases” on the left of the Virtualmin menu.

If it’s not showing up for root, I imagine you wouldn’t be able to get to it at all if you didn’t have permissions, but just to be certain – if you go into Webmin -> Webmin Users, does “MySQL Database Server” show up under root’s listing?
-Eric

i finally found it under ‘un-used modules’. but this should be under the ‘servers’ tab — webmin config > reassign modules shows it being under ‘servers’.

you sometimes have to click the ‘refresh modules’ button

that doesn’t help, it is still showing under ‘un-used modules’

that doesn't help, it is still showing under 'un-used modules'

Sounds bug-like. But, I think it’s one that has been fixed. Are you running the latest Webmin version (1.420)?

If so, you might want to file a ticket, so Jamie can help you figure out what’s going wrong…and whether it needs to be fixed in Webmin.

i installed the ‘stress-free’ theme and all seems to be well now, so perhaps its a bug with the blue framed theme. just thought i’d update on it.