Module Access Control | Where is the button/link?

Hi,
by words is easy, but in practice i can’t find the button/link anywhere in Webmin 1.710 to go to

.../acl/edit_acl.cgi

What i want:
one control page where i can choose that e.g. all the users except root can’t change the layout theme.
Easy, isn’t it?

But i can’t do it. Furthermore, i tried to go directly to

https://yourdomain:10000/acl/edit_acl.cgi

but this is the result:

Security Warning	
Warning! Webmin has detected that the program https://yourdomain:10000/acl/edit_acl.cgi was linked to from an unknown URL, which appears to be outside the Webmin server. This may be an attempt to trick your server into executing a dangerous command.
If your browser does not send the Referer header needed, you can turn off this check as follows :

Login to Webmin normally.
Go to the Webmin Configuration module.
Click on the Trusted Referrers icon.
Check the Trust links from unknown referrers box, and click Save.
Alternately, you can configure Webmin to allow links from unknown referers by :

Login as root, and edit the /etc/webmin/config file.
Find the line referers_none=1 and change it to referers_none=0.
Save the file.

I have no “Trust links from unknown referrers” box inside Trusted Referrers.
To me this is old stuff you have changed and no mention about this to Webmin users.

Then, i tried to change referers_none=1 to referers_none=0 in /etc/webmin/config
then restarted the Webmin service but nothing to do, always the Security Warning window appears instead of the correct page.

Finally, how to access the complete view of “Module Access Control” ?
Thanks

Hi,

To disable referrer checking, as the instructions state, head the Webmin > Webmin Configuration > Trusted Referrers icon. From that page, the option is actually called Referrer checking enabled?, so set that to “No” and click Save.

Although I could not find exactly how to view that page, besides URL, but I think you are looking for the Webmin Users module: Webmin > Webmin Users. From there, select the user you want to edit and expand the Permissions for all modules and that appears to be the contents of the page you were trying to reach.

Hope this helps.
-Dustin

It is actually easy, if you know where to find it!

Dustin is mostly right: the page you’re looking for is inside Webmin Users; click on the user, but the section you’re looking for is the Available Modules section. When you expand that, there will be a list of modules click on the module you want to edit ACLs for.

In the “Change Language and Theme” page there is the option “Can change theme?”. That will handle the personal change language and theme module; if the user also has access to the Webmin Configuration module, you’ll need to disable that (uncheck the checkbox next to it in the Available modules list for that user), as that module doesn’t have fine-grained access controls built in to it (it would be pretty complicated since that’s the module that controls so much of what users can do to the Webmin server itself, and generally only trusted root-level users should be granted access to it).