mod_suexec error after installation on Debian 6

I get error when checking virtualmin “Suexec is enabled in the default template, but the Apache module mod_suexec is not installed or not enabled” (A New Installation)…
I’m using debian 6, please helpme…

Did you install using the automated install script? It should have taken care of bringing in all of the dependencies and enabling them.

If you did use the install script, I’d be curious to see the virtualmin-install.log, as it may provide clues for why it failed, and whether the system was fully installed.

Also, I’ve updated your title to accurately reflect the posts contents. Please use a descriptive title in all future posts.

I’m sorry for the title,
I used manual instalation, help me please, os:Debian 6

I’m sorry for the title, I used manual instalation, help me please, os:Debian 6

Howdy,

You mentioned that this is a new install… is this a fairly new install of your distro as well?

If so, the automated installation makes things a whole lot simpler. You might consider using a fresh install of your distro, and then running the automated install.sh to perform the full setup for you.

There’s a lot of manual work involved to get a manual installation working… though if that’s the direction you wish to go there’s instructions for that here:

https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/installation/manual

“On Debian and Ubuntu systems, you can instead use the apache2-suexec-custom package. This option requires no rebuild of Apache. Configuring the custom suexec package is performed in /etc/apache2/suexec/www-data, and is as simple as changing the first line from /var/www to /home.”

I’m not understand, cause /etc/apache2/suexec/www-data can’t find in directory,

So, I would strongly recommend you use the automated install script, if this is a fresh system (one that is not already in production). The manual installation process is complex and only recommended for experts (I don’t even use it, and I know how every single piece fits together).

While you’re at it, you might consider using a Debian 7 or Debian 8 system. Debian 6 is nearing its end of life. We still support it, until it reaches end of life, but it’s coming up soon.

If you really, really, really, can’t use the automated install script for some reason, I guess we’ll keep banging on the issue, but you’re making your life (and ours) harder, by not using the install script. :wink: