Migration adn redirection

Hi all.

I host DOMAINE.FR DOMAINE.ORG, DOMAINE.INFO
First problem :
.ORG and .INFO are aliases of .FR BUT the urls of .ORG and .INFO are not renamed in .FR

Now, I want to host DOMAINE-2.FR

Second problem :
I need to have DOMAINE-2.FR that responds to DOMAINE.FR/INOF/ORG too. but the URLs of DOMAINE.FR/INOF/ORG have to appear as DOMAINE-2.FR
How can I do that with Virtualmin ?

Third question :
is there is a special support for bought virtualmin licenses ?

Regards.

Howdy,

For issue #1, if I understand what you’re asking correctly, it sounds like you might want to poke around in Services -> “Server Configuration” -> Aliases and Redirects.

When a domain “alias” is created, it’s created as what Apache knows as a “ServerAlias” – which means, like you’re seeing, that the domains won’t redirect to the “primary” domain.

If you wish to redirect one domain name to another, you can do that from the "Aliases and Redirects" menu above.

Issue #2 above sounds like you might want to use the same Aliases and Redirects menu, and setup redirects for each of them.

So, on the left nav bar, choose DOMAINE.FR. Click Services, then Configure Website, then Aliases and Redirects.

Now, where it says "URL redirects", put "/" in the "From", and "http://DOMAINE-2.FR" in the "To".

That will cause any requests going to DOMAINE.FR (and any url’s for that domain) to redirect to DOMAINE-2.FR.

As far as issue #3 goes, in addition to the forums, you have the "Bugs and Issues" link at the bottom of the page that you can use for support.

Have a good one,
-Eric

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Now, where it says "URL redirects", put "/" in the "From", and "http://DOMAINE-2.FR" in the "To".
arf, I selected DOMAINE.INFO (alias of DOMAINE.FR)on the left menu gone to "Virtual Server Options" it is NOT the DOMAINE.INFO !!! It comes back to DOMAINE.FR

Actually I cannot do the "/" TO "DOMAINE.FR" …

Did I do something wrong ?

Hmmm.

Pokes around in the control panel

Okay, I see what you’re saying. It looks like you may only be able to do what you’re asking if DOMAINE.INFO is a “Sub-Server” rather than an “Alias”.

Just to verify that I understand what you’re asking – you want it so that anytime someone goes to DOMAINE.INFO, it redirects them to DOMAINE-2.FR, correct?

So if you re-create DOMAINE.INFO as a "Sub-Server", you should be able to make it redirect to DOMAINE-2.FR the way you want.

Does that help?
-Eric

Hi,
I deleted DOMAINE.INFO just alias of DOMAINE.FR
I created a new virtual server DOMAINE.INFO and made the redirection as you told on the last post, it works fine.

I’ll check for the mails now :slight_smile:

Can I migrate a site DOMAINE.FR already in prod to a brand new created virtual server TRUCMUCH.FR without interuption ?

> Can I migrate a site DOMAINE.FR already in prod to a brand new created virtual server TRUCMUCH.FR without interuption ?

So you’d like to take the existing DOMAINE.FR, and put it under the control of another Virtual Server named TRUCMUCH.FR?

I believe you can do what you’re looking for in “Server Configuration” using the option “Move Virtual Server”.

That shouldn’t change anything about DOMAINE.FR, it just moves which Virtual Server controls the domain.
-Eric

Ah, yes !!!
I may read the left side before post here !

Thanks Andy, I keep it and I’ll tell you how it works :slight_smile: